HX400 VHF with FREE CMP460 Microphone
HX400 Submersible 5 Watt Handheld VHF with LMR Channels & Built-In Scrambler
Lithium-ion Battery & Charger
The HX400 is supplied with a whopping 2550 mAh Lithium-Ion battery that will keep you talking for about 17 hours.
There is no need to worry about the time it takes to fully charge the huge 2550mA battery as the HX400 is supplied with a 3-hour rapid charger.
Marine & Land Mobile Channels
The HX400 is factory programmed with all USA, Canadian and International and NOAA Weather channels. It also has the capability to be programmed 40 Land Mobile Radio (137-174MHz) channels with CTCSS or DCS signaling by a Standard Horizon dealer.
Note: These channels do require the appropriate Federal Communications Communication license.
Built-in Noise Canceling Mic & Voice Scrambler
The HX400 will surpass your voice transmissions expectations in noisy and windy environments with the built-in noise canceling microphone.
No need to purchase an optional voice scrambler for secure communications as the HX400 has it built-in. The internal scrambler is compatible with Standard Horizon VHF Fixed Mount and Handheld VHF 4-code scramblers.
Loud Speaker Audio
The HX400 is designed to be heard in even the noisiest environments with 700mW of power supplied to the internal speaker.
Speaker Microphone Connection
Optional speaker microphone or headsets are available to assist with your communications needs.
Programmable Channel Names
The HX400 is supplied from the factory preloaded with description of the use of Marine channels (16-Distress, 22A-USCG, 71-Pleasure). The channel names may be customized by the user to easily understand the use of each channel.
NOAA Weather Channels & Weather Alert
10 NOAA and Canadian Weather channels are pre-programmed and easily selectable using the dedicated WX key. In addition, the HX400 can be set to monitor WX channels and provide an audible alert to inform of pending storm advisories.
Programmable Scan, Priority Scan & Dual Watch
Scanning is not an issue with the HX400. The radio can be setup to scan any number of channels with or without a priority channel or simply can be setup to scan between a priority channel and on other channel (dual watch).
10 Favorite Channel Recall - Preset Key
Dedicated key that allows programming and quick selection of up to 10 favorite Marine VHF or NOAA Weather channels.
Battery Life Indication
The display shows a battery bar graph guage to inform the charge left in the Lithium-ion battery.
3-Year Waterproof Warranty
Because the HX400 is built better, it’s back better. If your Standard Horizon HX400 ever fails for any reason including water damage during normal use in the first three years, STANDARD HORIZON will repair or replace it free, without hassle or charges…period! If it fails thereafter in normal use it for the life time of the product it is covered by Standard Horizon’s Lifetime Flat Rate Service Program.
- Submersible JIS-8 / 1.5M (4.92Ft) for 30 minutes
- Selectable 5/2.5/1 Watt transmit power output
- Noise Cancelling Microphone
- 40 Programmable Land Mobile Channels 134 MHz to 174 MHz with CTCSS and DCS signaling
- Programmable channel names
- NOAA Weather channels and Weather Alert
- Low battery indicator
- Built in Voice Scrambler for private communications
- All USA/International and Canadian Marine Channels
- Optional speaker microphones and headsets available
- Supplied with 2550mAh Li-Ion battery, 110 VAC and 12 VDC rapid 3-hour chargers
- Programmable Scan, Priority Scan and Dual Watch
- Preset key used to recall up to 8 favorite channels
- Key lock
- 3 Year Waterproof Warranty
- Weather Alert: Yes
- Waterproof Rating: Submersible
- Speaker Mic: Optional
- Power - Output (Watts): 1/5w
- Battery Type: Lithium Ion
- Floats: No
- Built-In GPS: No
- Bluetooth: No
- Box Dimensions: 3"H x 4"W x 8"L WT: 2.45 lbs
Owner's Manual (pdf)